Perfect make ahead breakfast for busy weekdays or weekend using whole ingredients. Try this kid-friendly oatmeal recipe for busy days and mornings!
Working from home is it’s own little world. The best (or worst) part about working from home is that I’ll cook during lunch breaks. This is probably why nothing else gets done except food being on the table, which is very important, so is it really a bad thing that my work load is behind? Depends who you ask. LOL
I made this delicious baked oatmeal for the first time many months ago over an Easter weekend, since that’s always a busy one. It was nice not having to worry about making breakfast in between Easter baskets and church on Sunday. It got the thumbs up from my kids and husband, so I make oatmeal bakes regularly using different fruits and/or nuts each time to ensure it doesn’t become a bore.
It has the perfect amount of sweetness, but still a balanced, nutritious breakfast for the family.
Perfect make ahead breakfast for busy weekdays or weekend!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Cane sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced into quarters
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into a 3 quart, greased baking dish.
- Top oat mixture with 1/2 of the fruit.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil in a bowl. Pour over oats.
- With a fork, carefully poke around the baking dish to make sure wet mixture gets through dry mixture.
- Top with remaining fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated.