New baby in the house = the dinner struggle just got real. Unless I want to eat pasta every night (the only dish my husband knows how to make), then I still need to find the time, energy, and ingredients to feed my family during the week. Weekends are excluded because I’ll be damned if I’m cooking on the weekends too! 😉 Around here, weekends are meant for sandwiches, men on the grill, and take-out!
You know how I love easy and quick recipes…well that love just got stronger with a newborn in my arms. I need them easier and quicker than ever at this time. So, send in the Crockpot for my saving grace. All hail the Crockpot.
If there’s one chicken recipe you need, it’s this one. You can do so many different things with this beyond flavorful chicken. From serving it over rice or salad greens, using it in bowls with your favorite toppings, or for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and nachos.
Seriously, make it, eat it, or freeze it for later… it won’t go to waste! I made this recipe 3 days after giving birth (it’s do-able!) and have used the chicken for dinner the past two nights.
A multi-purpose chicken recipe! Delicious, juicy chicken to serve over rice, salad, or use for tacos with favorite toppings!
- 4 large chicken breasts, cleaned
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 10 oz can Original Rotel (Diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Pour 1 tbsp EVOO on bottom of crockpot and put in chicken breasts laying side by side.
- Add all remaining ingredients on top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 2-4 hrs)
- Once chicken is tender, take two forks and shred chicken. Stir shredded chicken into juices to absorb.
- Serve over rice, salad, or use for tacos with favorite toppings.