This homemade pizza dough recipe gives pizza a little nutritional boost by using whole wheat flour. Plus using Quick-Rising yeast puts pizza on your table in under an hour!
Pizza is a people pleaser. If you want to please every single person who enters your house to eat, make it a pizza party with an array of toppings. We are weekly pizza eaters, whether it be homemade or picked up from one of our favorite pizza restaurants, it’s a guarantee that we’re eating pizza once a week. If we don’t, Angelo will be sure to remind me that we need pizza in our life.
Ever since I received my KitchenAid mixer for a wedding present I’ve been making homemade pizza, and the husband claims it’s better than any restaurant out there! 😉
If you have a KitchenAid mixer, I use the pizza dough hook. If you don’t have a KitchenAide mixer, or any other kind of mixer, you can use a big spoon and your hands! Nobody shall be left out of the pizza making greatness.
Now, why is pizza so great? Do you really even need to ask?!
10 Reasons Pizza is the Best Thing Ever.
- Bread and cheese. I could stop right now….but i’ll go on.
- Unlimited possibilities of toppings. Literally, whatever you want!
- It’s for everyone! Meat lovers, Vegetarians, Vegans, etc. Right now I’m dairy free and pizza is still delicious.
- It’s quick, but so much healthier than other fast food.
- It’s like a therapist. In a bad mood? Eat some Pizza! Pizza doesn’t judge.
- It can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or all three…on the same day. Like I said above, no judgement.
- Pizza helps a lot of people eat more veggies! This is good!
- It’s actually pretty healthy! Tomato sauce contains the antioxidant lycopene (that can help fight cancer) and it’s loaded with Vitamin C! Then load the pizza up with other healthy toppings (spinach, broccoli, pineapple, olives, onions) and you’re basically eating the healthiest meal ever.
- Pizza covers all food groups in one bite. It’s like a unicorn!
- It’s everyone’s BFF.