Last year was my first year attending any golf tournament…ever! I’m not particularly a “golf fan” as I don’t keep up with the sport at all. Hitting (more like just swinging at) golf balls at TopGolf is the extent of our relationship.
Now that I’m probably more relatable to you, I’ve got to say I was blown away impressed by the Valspar Championship! The course, the activities, and the atmosphere have so much to offer for the entire family that it makes for a must do family weekend event in Tampa Bay, and it’s coming up!
The festivities kick off THIS SUNDAY, March 5th with the Par4miler. The four-mile course winds through the scenic tournament Copperhead course at Innisbrook, dropping you off at an upscale recovery party with food, beverages, and a beautiful view of the 18th hole. All runners and walkers are welcome! Last year I was pregnant and pushing a double stroller, if that gives you any idea of the skill levels welcome.
Activities for the whole family include:
- The Grape & Grain: A new wine and spirits venue with both an outdoor deck and inside air conditioned seating.
- Valspar Food Truck Rally featuring 6 local food trucks located by the 8th green (Possibly my favorite!!)
- Valspar LIVE! — a free concert by Toby Keith, superstar singer-songwriter, for ticketed attendees on Saturday (concert will begin after the tournament concludes Saturday)
- Valspar COLOR EXPERIENCE 18th green expo featuring 2017 Colors of the Year, DIY projects, Ask Val (new digital tool to assist guests in choosing colors), putting and fan photo booth
- Valspar COLOR SPOTS fan relaxation seating areas near concessions, including the NEW Valspar Chameleon Cove, which includes a beach and relaxation zone with a 20-foot colossal chameleon structure made from sand
- McDonald’s Family Fun Zone: Featuring a 16-foot-tall rock climbing wall, monster putting green, free popsicles, Imagination Playground and plenty of arts and crafts and games — this area located by the 8th green is a must-see for fans of all ages
TICKETS: Kids 15 and under are admitted free to the tournament and adult ticket packages start at $10 (Wednesday only). For more info, click here!
**IMPORTANT INFO: You MUST purchase a parking pass beforehand to be able to park onsite. Click here to purchase your parking pass. Parking will be extremely difficult without this, so don’t say I didn’t warn you. 😉
I hope you go and enjoy this once-a-year event as much as I do, even if you’re not a “golf fan”, this may make you into one! The golf tournament officially starts on March 9th (first round) and runs through the 12th. Click here for a list of all scheduled events!